I want to make my post keywords targeted. I want to rank my website on top. I want to use every on page SEO techniques. I want to drive more traffic towards my blog. These are some sentences I always heard from my friends.
As a telecom engineer, we people always face a problem of poor coverage issues in few parts of the city. So we do network optimization to serve more people with proper coverage.
Same basics are also applicable when we think of target keyword. Here also some sort of optimization required in order to achieve a top rank in search engines.
Two optimization Techniques we heard always are Onpage Optimization and Offpage Optimization.
Here we are going to dig something related to Onpage SEO.
Generally in Onpage SEO we optimize our content. This includes use of proper headings, quality of content, keyword placement, word count per post, additional images and lot more.
Why Do We Need On page SEO
Whenever we want any information we directly open Google, then we type our desired words or sentence like say Top 10 hotels in Bangalore. We get he’ll lot of suggestions from Google. And best part is Whatever we see on first 4-5 suggestions we click on that only.
So do you ever think why our blog doesn’t get that place on first page of search engine output?
Yes here is the question in your mind. So basically On page SEO helps us to be our website on top in search engine. In SEO we follow certain methods to rank higher in search engine. Yes of course there are other Offpage SEO techniques also need to be considered.
Before going ahead let me share with you 2016 on page search engine factors.
Now lets see that amazing On page Optimization Techniques
1) Title Of Blog Post
- – Blog post title is the most important and key player in deciding whether our blog post will be doing well in search engines.
- – Make sure that you are using targeted keywords or phrase towards beginning of blog title.
- – Make sure that we are not repeating the keywords in title. Use of targeted keywords again and again in title will not going to help out.
- – Title should have length up to 65 characters with spaces.
- – Adding image will help to drive lot of traffic from image searches.
- – Don’t forget to write keywords in image Alt text and title of image. It helps a lot to make our blog post more targeted and focused.
- – Make sure to add small size images. Adding big size image will slow down your website speed. And now a days Google started considering this factor to decide a search ranking.
3) Word Count Per Post
- – We should try to draft words to minimum 700-800 words.
- – If possible try to write long and well researched blog post.
- – But keep in mind Longer blog post without proper formatting will not attract readers.
4) URL Structure
- – To bring better crawling i will recommend to use search engine friendly URLs for each of blog page.
- – Targeted keywords in URL perform better than regular one.
- – Location or position of these keywords in URL also plays an important role in SEO.
Ex. letmehelpyou.in/how-to-write-blog will perform better than letmehelpyou.in/1-28-2016/546/blogs/how-to-write-blog. Got It 🙂
5) Body Tags (H1,H2,H3)
- – You should break your content into smaller sections or paragraphs in order to make it easy to read.
- – Each of these sections and paragraphs can be given headings and thats where H1,H2,H3 tags are used.
- – H1 tags are reserved for main page title, with subsequent H2 & H3 tags. These type of keyword rich headings are most important as far as search engine rankings are considered.
- – Make sure you write keyword rich headings in order of priority H1, H2 & H3 tags.
6) Meta Tags
- – Meta Tags helps us to include a set of relevant keywords which we used in our content.
- – I use a WordPress plugin ‘ Yoast SEO’ which allows me to enter meta tag keywords, meta description before publishing the post.
- – Meta description are just summary for your blog post.
- – You should write user-friendly meta description for better CTR ( Click Through Rate) in search engines.
7) Keyword Density
- – As i told earlier use of relevant keywords in your content is very important and it helps search engines to work out.
- – But make sure not to use keywords repeatedly or overuse keywords just for the sake of search engines. If you are doing so search engine will ban your site on search engine.
- – To avoid this keep your keyword density to 2-3%
- – Make use of similar meaning keywords in order to convey same thing with different words.
8) Internal Linking
- – Placing internal links is a great way of improving your site and helpful in your SEO.
- – Internal links make it useful for the readers to navigate around your site and find all other content.
- – Number of different methods can be adopted for Internal Linking, but the main things are content link and permanent navigation link.
- – Content links are important and are those placed within article which redirect readers to other relevant pages of the site.
Ex. If you still don’t know How to create twitter account then this may help you.
- – Internal links help your readers to spend more time on your site.
9) Link To External Website
- – linking to your own content in your site is a great way, but to help our readers find most relevant and informative material most bloggers use links which redirect readers to external sites.
- – Make sure that you should link to trusted websites.
10) Quality Content
- – Posting quality content is very important factor in deciding ranking.
- – Here quality content means unique, fresh, informative that generates the engagement of readers on your site.
- – If there is no quality content available on your site readers will not spend more time and will leave you site. And this will result in higher bounce rate, unfortunately generate negative impact in ranking calculation.
- – So make sure your content should be unique, keyword rich, engaging and most important informative.
11) Site Map
- – Before going through site map let me clear one thing. Most search engines can only go three levels deep using internal links. So make sure there is no any page which can be reached by clicking more than three links.
- – And if there are pages to be reached by more than three links, then those pages will not be indexed by search engine.
12) Keep up with search engine updates
- – Search engines are constantly changing their algorithms to keep SEO techniques from being harmed.
- – so always be up to date with the changes search engine implement.
With these 12 On page Optimization Techniques to rank your site on top i tried to cover every on page SEO techniques.
Do you have more techniques to add?