Twitter account.. What is that? How it will help me and my blog? There are a lot of questions in front of me when i heard about ” Create Social Media Presence ”
On one TV news channel there was a debate going on about one famous writer tweet something which he wasn’t supposed to do. The debate was going on with one word my father heard near about 10+ times TWITTER. He asked me ” What is twitter?, Why people use Twitter?” and many more questions related to it.
At that time i recognize like him, there are many more people who don’t know Twitter. So i decide to write about Twitter, It will be useful and helpful for them to get started with it.
What Is Twitter?
Twitter is an online social networking service where user can send or read short messages (160 characters) generally called Tweets. Huge userbase makes twitter one of the most popular social networking site after facebook.
As of May 2015 Twitter has more than 500 million users out of which 302 million user are active.
You can use Twitter to market your blog, drive traffic to your blog and set-up your blog brand.
I personally think that all these social media networking sites are very sensitive and we all need to behave socially and maintain social networking etiquette.
Now lets jump to
How To Create Twitter Account
– Go to Twitter.com
– Click on Sign Up
Twitter keep changing their homepage, Don’t worry the process will be same only buttons will be placed at some different location.
– Enter your name, email address, and password to create your account.
– Click on Sign Up For Twitter. You will be directed to next page.
Twitter will use your name as username if it’s available. Don’t worry you can change your username at any point of time. I will recommend to stick one username for better marketing or branding your blog.
– Click On Sign Up. Next step will require only clicks.
– Twitter would recommend few accounts to follow, it’s upto you whether you want to follow or not. If not simply close that window.
Verify Your Twitter Account
– Twitter verification team will send you an email link on your email address which you already provided at the time of account creation.
– Click on the link to verify your email address.
– This is very important step in Twitter account creation.
– Once you verified your account you will be redirected to Twitter homepage.
– Once you logged in to your account you will see something like this
Complete Your Twitter Profile
Till now you have successfully created your Twitter Account. But it’s like a picture without colour. Now you have to fill colours in it. Means you need to add information related to you and your brand.
Click on profile tab and fill information related to you and your blog.
You can add your or your brand image under profile tab.
Don’t forget to mention your blog url in bio section as there are many web services and Twitter directories which indexes Twitter Profile which help you benefit of the free backlink, isn’t that cool.
Get Start With Your First Tweet
Before you start with your first tweet you need to understand basic Twitter words or i can say abbreviations.
– Tweet – Twitter message upto 160 characters termed as Tweet.
– Retweet (RT) – When someone share a twitter message, generally termed as Retweet.
– @ (Reply) – When you want to send a message to a particular user that time @username is used. Here username is the one to whom you want to send message.
– Direct Message (DM) – when you want to send someone a private message D is used before the username to whom you want to send message like D shailesh_BT message
– Hashtag (#) – When you add # before some important keyword it will help your tweet to discover in a search.
Twitter Tutorial Resources
Here i am sharing with you some resources which help you get in-depth details about twitter
- How to use twitter hashtags
- A Guide To Understand Twitter Abbreviations
- Twitter Glossary
- Getting Started With Twitter
I tried to cover the important steps to set up your twitter account.
Do you have something more to tell about twitter? I am interested to hear from you.